About this blog

After sharing e-mail after e-mail with my mother's friends and family I decided that it would be more efficient to put this information on a blog so that it would be centrally located. Here you will find information mostly on Fredi Balzano's health struggles. Feel free to contact me with specific questions.

See my other blog at daisybrainlives.blogspot.com for thoughts on knitting and cooking and other family highlights.

Thanks everyone.

Tracy B.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

June 23, 2007

Hi everybody.

I went to visit Fredi yesterday and have the following to report.

They have removed the respirator from her room. This is a good sign. She has been off the respirator for another 4 days now. She was on it intermittently for a period while they assessed a possible infection/mucus plug.

She isn't on any antibiotics right now.

Yesterday her temperature was 97.6.

Her sputum is clear/white. This is also good news. They took her off the coumadin again. She just couldn't clot so the lung irritation from suctioning kept bleeding.

She is uncomfortable. This is also good news.

I have gotten her to practice moving her legs and squeezing things to work her limbs.

I think she is on an upswing.

Keep you toes crossed.

Also yesterday I took August to see her for the first time since the beginning of April. She told me not to but I didn't listen. He needed to see that Misha was more than a myth and she needed to remember one good reason to recover. In two months he has grown, learned things, changed in little ways. I wanted her to see this. He found the experience a little scary but handled it well. He keeps asking why she can't talk. I try to explain it as best I can but how much is he supposed to understand about biology and the passing of air over the vocal cords. I think I broke it down pretty well. I will continue to answer his questions with as much candor as I can muster.

You all will hear from me again soon.

Tracy

No comments: