About this blog

After sharing e-mail after e-mail with my mother's friends and family I decided that it would be more efficient to put this information on a blog so that it would be centrally located. Here you will find information mostly on Fredi Balzano's health struggles. Feel free to contact me with specific questions.

See my other blog at daisybrainlives.blogspot.com for thoughts on knitting and cooking and other family highlights.

Thanks everyone.

Tracy B.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

July 16, 2007

Hello everyone and I'm sorry I have been out of touch for so long. I can't sleep so I thought I would write to you all instead.

Since my last note Fredi had another setback infection and they had to reinflate her collar so... no more talking. At least for now. She responded to the antibiotics well this time and her fever was short lived but they aren't ready to deflate her collar at this point. Otherwise her condition is about the same. She still has the tracheostomy and feeding tube and so far she doesn't get better or worse. She does have good days and bad ones where she is less and more with it but basically she is stable. I do know she is bored. This can't be helping her situation.

One piece of good news is that they have decided to release her into a rehab facility. I'm glad about this because the risk of infection is less and maybe the change of environment will boost her spirits and start her on the road to recovery. Thanks to Myra she should have a bed at Amsterdam House Nursing Home tomorrow. Maybe she will be less bored there and I will be able to get to know her regular therapists. Hopefully she will get more therapy and this will give her something to do.

Amsterdam House is located at 112 and Amsterdam Avenue across the street from the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine. It is less convenient for me but I feel confident about her care.

Pat - Maybe we could see if a deacon from the cathedral can visit her.

Thanks to you all.

Tracy

No comments: